Old Age Pension Scheme 2020 : Every month certain amount of money is given to the aged person by the Government of India, so that they can live their lives, which is named Old Age Pension Scheme. If you too have an aged person of 60 years or more than 60 years and you also want to get the benefit of old age pension scheme, then you can also apply for old age pension scheme online.
In today’s article, we will talk about how we can apply for old age pension scheme and what documents will be required to apply for old age pension scheme.
Why did the government implement the old age pension scheme?
The government gives pension to senior citizens of the country every month under the Social Security Scheme. The National Old Age Pension Scheme 2020 was started in the year 1995. The National Old Age Pension Scheme is given to the aged citizens of the country so that they can live their lives and in old age they should not be dependent on anyone for their small work.
Both the central government and the state government have some share in the amount to be given to senior citizens who get benefits under the old age pension scheme.
Who can avail old age pension scheme 2020 ? (Or say eligibility of person to apply in OLD AGE PENSION SCHEME 2020 ):
Now the question is coming in your mind that who can avail the benefits of old age pension scheme? Or, what is the person’s eligibility to apply in OLD AGE PENSION SCHEME?
- Only those whose age is at least 60 years or more than 60 years can take benefit of old age scheme.
- The income of a person availing old age scheme should not exceed Rs. 50,000.
- A person taking benefit of old age scheme should not have a government job and no one in his family also does a government job.
- Any person who fulfills the above condition can take advantage of old age scheme, not necessarily living below the poverty line (BPL).
- You can apply for old age pension scheme from the same state in which you live.
- Applicants of old age pension scheme can also belong to families living below the poverty line (BPL).
How to get old age pension?
Beneficiaries of National Old Age Pension can apply this scheme online, beneficiaries can now apply for it from home. The process of its application has been made online from April 1, 2016.
Documents required to apply for old age pension scheme
To avail this scheme, the beneficiary must have the following documents.
- A beneficiary must have an Aadhaar card.
- Beneficiary should also have income certificate
- It is also necessary for the beneficiary to have a birth certificate
- Also have a photo copy of the bank passbook
- Also have passport size photo of old person
- Caste certificate is also required
- If the applicant comes from the list of BPL ration card, then he should also have BPL ration card.
How to apply for Old Age Pension Scheme 2020 ?
To apply for Old Age Pension Scheme 2020, first of all you have to visit the official website of old age scheme of your state.
For example, if you are a resident of Uttar Pradesh, you will have to visit the official website of the old age scheme of Uttar Pradesh http://sspy-up.gov.in/IndexOAP.aspx. Here we will take the old age scheme of Uttar Pradesh because it is not possible to tell the whole state together in one post. But the method to apply for old age pension scheme in every state is the same, all you have to do is go to the official website of old age scheme of that state (At the end of the post, we have given the link of all the official website of the old age scheme of entire state) and you follow the method given below.
When you go to the official website of old age scheme of your state, one such page will open. On that page, a box will say “Apply Now ऑनलाइन आवेदन करें” (which you will also see in the picture below).
As soon as you click on it, a new page will open, in which four options will be given. From that you have to click on the first option “New Entry Form”.
On clicking the option “New Entry Form”, a form will open and appear in front of you. Complete the details that are asked for in that form and click on the save option given below the form and save the form.
The person applying is required to provide all the documents and also provide the Aadhaar number. For the person who has a phone number, information related to pension including status of application and form will be given through SMS.
After this, the pension amount will start getting in your account within 2 to 3 months.